Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Obamacare Exchanges, Try Number 1

This morning at 7:55 CST, I decided to try my hand at the Obamacare exchanges. I'm in Indiana, so we're trying the federal route.

7:56 - I go to healthcare.gov, and click on the link to apply.  I'm redirected to a page that says that the exchanges are busy, and I'll have to wait. They'll forward me to the application when a slot opens.

I try to click on the 'helpful links' at the bottom of this waiting page, but they all say 'access denied.'

I open another tab so I can keep browsing.

8:00 - The site finally forwards me to the application.  I start filling out basic details like name, email address, username and password.

8:04 - I reach the third page of the application, where I need to choose security questions and answers. The only problem? There are no security questions on the pull down menu, just blank boxes. Since I can't complete this step, the exchange won't let me continue.

8:05 - I give up.  No wonder the Reid wanted a government shutdown! That way he could blame these glitches on the Republicans, instead of on a sad lack of beta testers.  Seriously- how did they let this go live without catching this glitch? And I'm using Firefox, not some weird browser!

Obviously, the people running this thing have no IT experience. Heck, when I interned at the DOE back in college, we Beta-tested EVERYTHING to death before we let it go live. Of course, that was nukes- this is only health insurance.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just so you are informed, Reid didnt shut down the government. That would be Cruz. It's fact, not fiction. Obamacare was voted on by the citizens, survived 40 odd attempts to repeal or defund and also survived a trip to the supreme court. the website sucks, the program does not.