Thursday, February 24, 2011

Long Absence ahead

I'm going to be very scarce around the blogs in the coming months, for a few reasons:

1. I've picked up 3 work from home jobs.  Two pay pretty well, but are dull, and one pays a pittance, but involves writing for Black Chicken Games.  All are time consuming.  I'd been praying for paying work so that we could pay down our mortgage and move into a less cramped house- God has given me a superabundance of work.

2. A friend told me about a fiction contest at Suvudu.  I have less than a month to turn my draft into something worth submitting.  Nose, meet grindstone.

3. CCD is taking up more time and mental energy as my kids get ready for their First Confessions and First Communions! If you have time, pray for them!

4. I really have very little left to say about the Legion situation.  For me, the kicker was when Pope Benedict referred to Maciel as a "False Prophet" in Light of the World.  Jesus was pretty clear on False Prophets in Matthew 7:15.  If you're not going to listen to the pope, and you're not going to listen to the Son of God, you're not going to listen to me.  So I'm taking Sr. Briege's advice, and focusing on praying and fasting instead.

Anyway, the next few months are going to be busy.  I may duck in now and then, if I really, absolutely HAVE to comment on something.  But the blog is going to take a back seat to... actual paid work that will help support our family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will be missed, but of course we understand and wish you all the best in your paid work. However, I have been meaning to ask you to please give up something other than blogging for Lent this year! You were missed last year, yours is such an informed perspective. OK? Pretty please?

Anonymous said...

Dear lady blessinbgs on your many tasks. Your children are blesses to have such a mother!
Ohh

Get to mass when you can. your first priority are the little ones.