Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Silence and Novenas

Sorry for the long blog silence.  Honestly, I haven't had much to say recently.  We've been enjoying the Easter Season, I've been working on the yard, and I've had very little time to think.

But I've had time to pray.

I have a lot of friends who are working for the Legion.  It's easy to launch into people for working for such a corrupt organization, but they all have families.  They need to feed their kids and they need health insurance. 

The Feast of St. Joseph the Worker is a week from Saturday.  I'd like to propose a novena for all those who are in the Legion's employ- that they'll be able to find other means of supporting their families.

My favorite is the one at EWTN.  

I may have more to say later.  But honestly, right now my feelings are so tangled (Joy that Benedict is cleansing the filth from the Church, sorrow for all the good-hearted people who were used by Maciel), that I can't write anything coherent.

So I'll just pray instead. For my friends, for our pastor (since he'll have to deal with the fall out in the parish), for the pope and for the Church. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dierdre,

You have no idea what these prayers mean to me and others whose families are supported by Legion paychecks.

We see the writing on the wall--we know our financial status is about to undergo some serious strain. Yet I know that I will feel a huge amount of relief once we are freed from all ties to the Legion.

I myself am in the midst of a serious job search and appreciate any and all prayers that you send our way.

I have such mixed feelings---elation that the Pope is finally (hopefully!) going to completely eliminate the malicious methodology of this order of priests while providing pastoral care to all the priests deformed by it, relief for all those good people caught in this web of deceit, and anxiety over the loss of our own financial stability.

Thank you so much for your prayers.

Koolaid said...

Deirdre,
I am very thankful for these prayers, for the understanding of people such as you who are patient and non-judgmental as we try to extricate ourselves from our family’s Legion paycheck. I feel embarrassed and ashamed to be in this position.
I work and our kids have scholarships. Even so, we have a hard time making ends meet. Yet, seeing the gravity of the hard-line RC’s who refuse to be released from the methodology’s brain washing, we cannot but pray for the dissolution of LC/RC/Integer. It is frightening to witness. They cannot admit MM was wrong (sick, and evil) and that God did not want him to set up their movement. (Cf Humanae vitae,14: “Though it is true that sometimes it is lawful to tolerate a lesser moral evil in order to avoid a greater evil or in order to promote a greater good, it is never lawful, even for the gravest reasons, to do evil that good may come of it—in other words, to intend directly something which of its very nature contradicts the moral order, and which must therefore be judged unworthy of man, even though the intention is to protect or promote the welfare of an individual, of a family or of society in general.”). While we pray for it all to be shut down for good, we find ourselves in the complex situation of how to move out quietly (or get laid off or even pushed out as traitors) and find alternative employment.
My spouse works in one of the few apostolates which this country’s bishops actually appreciate, probably because the people involved have very little to do with RC and are freer of the Koolaid, and actually work directly under the authority of their parish priests. These people are humble, poor, family men who will surely soon also be left unemployed.
Please pray that we can find alternative employment, far from the claws of the LC/RC. Please pray that God sees fit for these people to find employment within the diocese. Please pray that families can continue to love and trust each other, the Church and God despite the gaping holes left in our hearts from the daggers of MM’s methodology. Please pray that God spares us – from physical, mental and spiritual damage.