Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Infallability has its limits

No, seriously.  It does.  So when the pope sayws "Mary was Immaculately Conceived," he's infallable.  But if he says "This priest is really great with the kiddies," or "Gee, these private revelations are mighty cool!", he is not.

For more, see Patrick Madrid.  

Personally, I think this hyper-clericism regarding the pope is dangerous.  You should not lose your faith just because a pope sinned or made mistakes.  Remember-- they're following in the footsteps of Peter. Read the Gospels-- he makes Joe Biden look suave and well-spoken!

In other news-- I'm not dead.  Just had a busy Easter, and am having in-laws all week.  And since Lent is over, I'll be able to comment on OTHER PEOPLE'S blogs again! :)  Once I have a second to breathe, of course......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your comment about Peter. The Gospels are very clear about the apostles: They can be very holy, but can also be incredibly foolish. Christ himself kept saying so! So the idea that their successors can't be foolish is absurd.

Charlotte (Waltzing Matilda) said...

Hi there, Deirdre!

I enjoyed our very reasonable discussion over at Giselle's blog. I just wanted to let you know who I was and to say that if your girls like coloring as an easy non-crafty craft, I offer free Catholic coloring pages over at my blog. Just click on the the tab at the top called Catholic Coloring Pages.

God bless!
NTMB