Monday, April 20, 2009

Busy weeks and cost benefit analysis

It's been a busy couple of weeks, what with our Easter trip, a family funeral, and all the travel preparations for both. This week, my daughter has TWO art field trips in addition to Ballet and her normal class. So odds are that I won't be home much.

Then, I don't really FEEL like writing, because I'm in the middle of a book I've been meaning to read for about 13 years (Since I picked it up at work for 4.00 minus my employee discount...): Lytton Strachey's Eminent Victorians. I just finished the life of Manning, and it was awesome! (Poor, poor Newman. He had such a hard life!) I'm on Florence Nightingale now.

Of course, since I'm not taking the time to write, I'm also coming up with reasons NOT to write. I mean, seriously, isn't disinfecting the whole house to cope with our annual spring ant-invasion more important than slogging through another book that will probably never get read? And with all the AWESOME children's writers and aspiring children's writers out there, is there really a reason to put myself out? Especially when I could use the same time and actually do work that MAKES money?

Fortunately, I guess, even if *I* don't believe in my chances for success, my crazy husband does. So I should probably leave the Crimean war (and the blogs) behind tomorrow, and actually get in some decent writing time.

(Though, given the size of this year's invasion, maybe I should just read "Leinigen versus the Ants" again instead-- it might inspire me to more useful pursuits...like, um.... flooding the house?)

No comments: