Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Slogging

Ok, so I'm a fifth of the way through chapter 3 on my WIP, and I've hit the wall. Every paragraph is a slog. I can't get the words out, they're like cold honey - hardly moving at all.

And so many tempting ideas for other books are dancing before my eyes.

But I have to ignore them and force myself to go on. I learned that with "Yeller." Otherwise, I just keep writing beginnings and never FINISH anything.

(I'll have to hit the library soon, though. Some time spent working on my NF project might give my brain the break it needs.....)

Don't believe people who tell you to only write when it's fun. If you do that, you'll never get anywhere......

(Now, off to do some dishes and see if that helps me crank out the next 100 words. So slow today!!!! )

No comments: