Friday, January 23, 2009

Reading, Writing, and Dishes

Yesterday I finally read Westerfield's Uglies. On the one hand, it left me dying for book two (alas, there's a wait list at the library!)

On the other hand, it left me with an unquenchable desire to burn all my notebooks and pencils, delete all my files, never write again and devote my life to Webkinz and chores. Because I can't see how I'll EVER be that good.

Today I read Montmorency by Eleanor Updike. I enjoyed it and will definitely pick up the rest of the series, but it's more in my league. So I sat down and wrote 500 words on "Flix".

Meanwhile, I'm gearing up to send out the next run of queries (kind of annoying since a few of the agents want synopses, too -- argh....)

And I'm eagerly awaiting the day when Editorial Anonymous unleashed the full power of her snark on my first page.....

(It helps that it's not currently too cold to write.... when my house is 58 degrees, all I can do is play tetris.....)

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I'm impressed that you can play Tertris in 58 degree weather. Of course we've been having weird, outlandishly mild weather out here. That is until yesterday . . .

Deirdre Mundy said...

Not 58 degree weather, 58 degrees in the house! =)

It was negative or zero outside! (old house, no insulation--below a certain temperature it just gives up! )

I'm starting to think spring will NEVER come though.......