Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Total Rewrite....

I was on vacation and didn't have a computer, so I was working on my rewrite in an old spiral notebook. I've discovered that:

1. This is not a story for 6-9 yr olds. It's a definite 9-12

2. There is a really good reason those two characters hate each other.

3. The really good reason is that they broke up! I'm dealing with the aftermath of a Jr. High breakup on top of everything else. Arggh! At least they make sense now.....

4. The story has taken on a life of it's own and is dragging me behind it at a steady run. Much like a Newfoundland named Mingus did on the shores of Lake Michigan many years ago..... hopefully this time I won't end up totally drenched!

So, in summary: Lots of fun. Time-consuming fun. Especially since I want this rewrite done and ready to show people by September, and ready for submission to agents by November.......

But the story is ALMOST singing.... now I just need to whack it into tune....

No comments: