Monday, April 7, 2008

I'm Torn

About The Green Gables Prequel

On one hand, I want to read it, but on the other I'm afraid of being dreadfully dissapointed--- and the Anne of Green Gables series has always meant alot to me.

On the other hand, Margaret Atwood's comments make me think that she must not be much fun to have over for coffee.... Or maybe she just knew that tearing apart a novel that influenced 100 years of girls is a sure-fire way to get press coverage in your dotage.......

What kind of a person wishes ill for Anne Shirley? The whole POINT is that the serendipitous mistake that brings her to Green Gables is like a fairy tale...

Besides, L.M Montgomery originally wrote for Sunday School Papers.. she believed in Providence-- that God puts us where we're needed......

ARGGH. But Atwood has always had weird issues with Christianity......

Actually, I think I WILL read the prequel-- because I'd like to see how another Anne-Fan imagined her youth.....

No comments: