Thursday, December 27, 2007

Writing Resolutions

1. Work on breaking into the non-fiction market:

Should be fun since Highlights included Ancient History on its wish list.

2. Get to know Google Books.

I just discovered how awesome this site is! Especially for research. Interlibrary loan costs me a dollar a book, and costs my local library even more. It can be kind of expensive. But with Google books, I can see if books will actually be useful before I ILL them. And if they only have a page or two of relevant info, I can just read them on line, for free, and take notes!

I can't believed I lived before without it!

3. Finish a MG novel. I need to acquire the discipline to write longer works. The only thing to do is to sit down and do it.

4. Make a "Useful Resources" list for this blog, so that it's actually useful to other people.

We'll see how well I keep to these. Right now I'm working on 1,2, and 3.......

No comments: