Wednesday, November 7, 2007

In Solidarity with the WGA....

I will not be writing this week....

Well, not really, because of the WGA. Actually, because in-laws are visiting, Baby #3 is growth-spurting, my brain is mostly fried and I have writer's block.

But I do feel for the striking writers. Especially the TV writers who get screwed over on the whole DVD thing--DVD sales should really count like syndication.

My husband and I watch most of our shows on DVD. (We just finished up Babylon 5 earlier this summer. Now we're catching up on back-seasons of Monk.) We're hardly unique in this... most of our friends watch their TV shows on DVD too-- when you have small kids it's really much easier to be able to watch at random times and have access to a pause button. And REALLY GOOD closed captions. And rewind and skip scene and ... you get the idea.

I was also wondering why BOOK writers don't have a similiar union... I came to the conclusion that it's because ours is a VERY low profit business... everyone's working for love, and you can't strike for more $$ if there is no more $$ to give.......

Anyway, in other news, things are looking up around here. The little guy is eating well, I'm slowly starting to submit again (even if creatively speaking I'm dry, I can always revise existing ideas....), and my energy is slowly returning.....

I've also been thinking about how to make this blog less personal and more USEFUL. So hopefully I'll get busy and start actually linking to the things I find interesting and helpful....

But first, I'll finish cooking dinner for the two wild women.... =)

No comments: