Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Cascade Effect

Baby's first week troubles and second week bili-blanket translated into poor nursing...

So this week we've been doing nothing but nursing skin-to-skin in a last ditch effort to avoid a failure-to-thrive diagnosis.

(Our Dr. is very pro-breastfeeding-- hence his "prescription" of skin-to-skin and more time to teach the baby how to eat...)

I think we'll have a good weight gain on Monday --- baby's cheeks have filled out and his arms and legs are getting fatter and the whole nursing thing has finally clicked with him....

But in the meantime, I'm still on my "maternity leave" from serious writing/ blogging....

Because if I didn't think kids were more important than career, I would have gone for a PhD.....

btw--if anyone is curious about his name, contact me by other means.... I'm kind of leery of posting that on blogger...

No comments: