Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Baby #3

Baby #3 was born Sunday, just after noon. By duedate, he should have been 38 weeks or so, but he was actually more lik 35.... So he had a bit of breathing trouble at the start and had to be on oxygen.

It was a good 24 hours before I got to hold him or nurse him, and another 24 before I could have him in my room. I don't think I've ever been more miserable than the night one of the nurses told me that I couldn't even touch him or talk to him because he got too excited and couldn't breathe.....

But he's home now and fine except for some jaundice... so we've got a homehealth bilirubin blanket for him.......


Still, he nurses almost constantly (as he should... he's 2 1/2 pounds lighter than his sisters were! luckily, that still puts him at 6... ) so blogging is on hold...as is everything else.....

1 comment:

julie said...

congratulations, mommy! i'm sure your kids' uncles can give the new baby lots of advice on how to grow up with two older sisters. :)