Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Work in Progress....

I'm still editing and resubmitting some old pieces....



And, just for fun, or practice, or something, I've started work on a mid-grade horror novel.... we'll have to see how it goes.



The pacing is the hardest part, I think... I'm trying for a tone of gradually building Wrong-ness that eventually culminates in something completely horrifying....

I'll have to check out some John Bellairs books when I get to the library today.... I haven't read them in YEARS but I remember how much I LOVED them at 10 and 11.... especially "The house with the clock in its walls."

And, unlike the R.L Stine books I read in later years, I read John Bellairs MULTIPLE TIMES.......

Anyway, even if it doesn't end up being a great horror book, it's a fun summer exercise.... I like to give myself writing assignments so that I have to stretch...

No comments: