Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Staying Productive

I sent out a few more submissions today -- I'm up to 27 again, but I'd really like to stay around 30.....

Unfortunately, I also have Latin Exams to grade, and that takes precedence...

I've really become a big fan of having as much out there as possible... especially now that I have a backlist...

I read once that Jane Yolen has 120 pieces out at any one time - if it's important for someone famous with a great writing career to keep submitting, it's got to be even more important for an unknown trying to break into publishing!

I really do have to focus more on my magazine work, though. It actually gets published from time to time, and I've yet to have that sort of luck with the book market...

But I figure lightening is more likely to strike when I've got more lightening rods out there!

No comments: