Friday, July 6, 2007

Help me! I've corrupted my child.......


Today my 3 1/2 year old spent an hour with a notebook, "writing a story." A Chapter story, no less.....

Apparently this has replaced "cooking", "dishes" and "baby care" as her preferred form of "playing grown-up."

Sigh.... I feel like a bad mother....

After she was done, she deigned to read me chapter one:

Once upon a time, in a beautiful town, there was a Bad King who wanted to kill EVERYONE so he went into the forest......

She said I had to wait until tomorrow for Chapter 2....

At least I know where she got the "Bad King" thing from.... it wasn't me, it was CHURCH. More specifically, King Herod and the Slaughter of the Innocents.... She LOVES that story..... I think I may be raising a pirate disguised as a delicate ballerina princess......

4 comments:

julie said...

ok- i know you haven't heard from me in several millenia, but i had to post a comment when i googled and found your blog:

there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a pirate disguised as a delicate ballerina princess. you can ask david davis- i am one! (although he may tell you i am actually a VIKING disguised as a delicate ballerina princess. semantics.)

from your old "let's play settlers in the forest" partner.. .julie.

p.s. CONGRATULATIONS!

Deirdre Mundy said...

Julie! I was just thinking about you the other day too, but I couldn't remember your new last name! (John was listening to a "best of 1989" Cd and it brought back memories of summer afternoons sitting around and listening to cassette tapes!

Email me at myfirstname.mylastname@gmail.com if you want to get back in touch... (Typed it in a spam-proof way since it's my newest account and I am fleeing junk mail....)

I'd love to hear what you're up to! (I got a soemhwat-update from Amy Schumacher (sp?) at James Nicholson's wedding last year, but I'd rather hear from you! )

--Deirdre

Deirdre Mundy said...

Btw--- Your comment "Let's play Settlers" made me think of Settlers of Catan first.... We're dorks around here.....

julie said...

sent you a quick note so you have my email.

we're dorks of a whole different ilk around here- home improvement shows, anyone?