Thursday, July 12, 2007

A day well spent

This morning I woke the toddler up early and we all went to the "Super-Duper Playground!" to meet friends....

Two hours there, followed by lunch, put the kids into a coma. So I got a good block of writing time in this after noon.

I used it to work on my first draft of an entry into the 2008 Highlights fiction contest.

Yes, I know you can only submit in January. And yes, I know it's only July. But I really like this year's topic (Stories set in the future) and I wanted to start working on ideas now, so that I can have something beautiful and polished by the time the new year rolls around....

I've come up with a good first draft for the older readers.... now I'm trying to also think of something in the under-500-word easy-reader category. It's a bit harder....

Anyway, my plan is to do one draft a month until it's perfect, or it's January... whichever comes first...

No comments: