Tuesday, June 26, 2007

In Other news

I made a list of comprehensive list of publishers who take simultaneous submissions, publish the sort of books I write, and have good reputations.

I discovered that there are about ten that don't currently have one of my manuscripts working its way up through the slush...

Since I have three or four PBs ready to go, I'm spending this week in a frenzy of submission....

Once I'm another month or so pregnant I won't really have the energy to write, edit and submit. But if I drop the submitting and cut back on the editing for a while, I'll still have the energy to write.....

Then I can have a whole pile of things to edit, re-edit and submit once the baby's a few months old and I get a free arm occasionally. (My kids tend to be round-the-clock nursers for the first couple months... so my husband and I know we should just assume that NOTHING will happen for the first 8-12 weeks.......)

Anyway, I've got four submissions down... 6 to go.... and then I'll have 35 pieces out there at once.... well above my bare minimum of 20, so I should be covered for a while....

(I read once that Jane Yolen frequently has 100???? different submissions out at a time? WOW! Though it does reinforce the idea that there's never a point in your writing career where you've "arrived" and don't have to work hard anymore.....)

No comments: